Think Our Products are Too Expensive? Think Again!
Logical for Your Wallet, Logical for the Planet
Mechaks: A Hemp Wick Firestarter
- How it's logical for your wallet? One pack of our $5 Mechak hempwick firestarters will start more than a dozen fires ,compared to one 6-pack of traditional Duraflame logs, which costs $20. That's 42¢ a fire with a Mechak, compared to $3 a fire with Duraflame logs.
- How's it logical for the planet? Our Mechaks are butane-free, clean burning hemp-cotton fabric strands infused with our signature beeswax blend. While you're enjoying the outdoors, you'll be ensuring that future generations get to do it too.
Reusable Coffee Filters
- How it's logical for your wallet? One $14 2-pack of hemp-cotton cloth reusable coffee filters pays for itself by the time the daily coffee drinker has gone through three $5 boxes of single-use paper filters. That's 365 days of coffee for $14, or 4¢ per use.
- How's it logical for the planet? On average, 2.25 million cups of coffee are enjoyed everyday, which equates to around 140 million coffee filters and approximately 1.5 million trees. One of our reusable coffee filters lasts for a year and biodegrades at the end of its life.
- Bonus: You can choose from three different styles of filters now, so no matter your coffee making setup, you can brew sustainably!
Beeswax Wrap Combo Pack
- How it's logical for your wallet? Our 4-size beeswax wrap combo pack will last up to a year or longer, replacing 1,312+ feet of single-use plastic wrap annually. Our $23 combo pack covers what $3 boxes of 100ft plastic wrap does, but doesn't require recurring purchases over the course of a year, saving you money on groceries.
- How's it logical for the planet? Consumers in North America and Europe waste about 209 to 253 pounds of food per person every year. The USDA says the average person in the U.S. eats 4.7 pounds of food per day. Our wax wraps can extend food life 5-7 days longer than traditional food storage containers, allowing you to greatly reduce food waste. (And if it wasn't clear already, reducing the exorbitant amount of plastic that is entering landfills is good too.)
Reusable Produce Bags
- How it's logical for your wallet? Everyone eats — and has to transport their produce. Over 150 U.S. cities and counties ban or require fees for plastic bags. Avoid these fees entirely with a one-time $31 purchase of a 3-count set of assorted size hemp-cotton produce bags.
- How's it logical for the planet? Currently 100 billion plastic bags pass through the hands of U.S. consumers every year — almost one bag per person each day. Laid end-to-end, they could circle the equator 1,330 times. If everyone in the U.S. would reduce the amount of plastic bags by switching to cloth, we'd have a much healthier earth.
eKo Twist Ties
- How's it logical for your wallet? A pack of eKo ties to get you started is $2, and each pack includes 10 ties. One tie will twist multiple bags and will biodegrade when you're done with them rather than cluttering a junk drawer.
- How's it logical for the planet? Organic, eco-friendly, and compostable, eKo Twist Ties are by-products of cutting our popular beeswax and vegan wax Khala Cloths to size. They are as strong as metal and as pliable as plastic, so no durability is lost in the switch to a sustainable alternative.
In the long run, you are actually not only saving money by investing in our zero waste provisions upfront, but also sparing our environment - and all life that depends on its health - the harmful effects of plastic waste and pollution.
If you want to learn more about how detrimental plastic waste is to the planet, check out our partners the Plastic Pollution Coalition and the Plastic Impact Alliance, as well as our many social media posts and newsletters (where we often offer discount promo codes - which helps mitigate the cost too!).